Certificate of removal registration for removal of dead human bodies
- • requirements
- • sanctions
(1) The State Mortuary and Cemetery Board shall issue a certificate of removal registration to a funeral establishment licensed in another state contiguous to Oregon with laws substantially similar to the provisions of this section for the limited purpose of removing dead human bodies from Oregon, prior to submitting a report of death, if the establishment that will make the removals applies to the board for a certificate of removal registration on a form provided by the board. The application fee established under ORS 692.160 (License, certificate and registration fees) shall accompany the application. A certificate issued under this subsection expires upon a change of ownership of the funeral establishment.
(2) For purposes of this section, each branch of a registrant’s funeral establishment is a separate establishment and must be registered as a fixed place of business.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 692.025 (License required for funeral service practitioner, embalmer, death care consultant, funeral establishment operator, cemetery or crematory operator) (1) and 692.045 (Funeral service practitioner license), a funeral service practitioner who files reports of death in another state may file an Oregon report of death if the funeral service practitioner is employed by a licensed funeral establishment registered with the board under this section.
(4) The conduct of a funeral service practitioner or any other person employed by or acting on behalf of a removal registrant shall be the direct responsibility of the holder of a certificate of removal registration.
(5) For any of the causes described in ORS 692.180 (Grounds for revocation, suspension or refusal to issue or renew licenses or certificates), or for violation of any death care rule or law in another state, the board may impose upon the holder of a certificate of removal registration or applicant any of the sanctions described in ORS 692.180 (Grounds for revocation, suspension or refusal to issue or renew licenses or certificates). [1999 c.724 §6; 2013 c.366 §80]
Note: 692.270 (Certificate of removal registration for removal of dead human bodies) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 692 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.