Board of Electrologists and Body Art Practitioners
(1) There is established within the Health Licensing Office the Board of Electrologists and Body Art Practitioners, to advise the office with regard to the regulation of fields of practice. The board consists of seven members appointed by the Governor.
(2) Members of the board must be residents of this state. Of the members of the board:
(a) Two members must be licensed under ORS 690.365 (License to perform services and facility licenses) to perform body piercing, dermal implanting or scarification;
(b) One member must be licensed under ORS 690.365 (License to perform services and facility licenses) to practice electrolysis;
(c) Two members must be licensed under ORS 690.365 (License to perform services and facility licenses) to perform tattooing;
(d) One member must be licensed under ORS chapter 677, 678 or 685; and
(e) One member must be a member of the public who does not possess the professional qualifications of the other members.
(3) The term of office of each member of the board is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. The Governor shall fill vacancies by appointment for the unexpired term. A member shall hold the members office until the appointment and qualification of a successor. A member is eligible for reappointment. If a person serves two consecutive full terms, a period of at least four years must elapse before the person is eligible for appointment to serve on the board.
(4) The board shall meet at least once per year.
(5) Members of the board are entitled to compensation and reimbursement of expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [2011 c.346 §10; 2013 c.568 §98; 2015 c.56 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information