Powers of board
- • rules
In addition to the powers otherwise granted by ORS 345.430 (Determination of qualifications of out-of-state or out-of-country applicants to take board test) and 690.005 (Definitions for ORS 690.005 to 690.225) to 690.225 (Inspections), the Board of Cosmetology shall have the power to:
(1) Determine whether applicants are qualified to take certification examinations.
(2) Administer, approve or recognize certification examinations and designate the time, place and administrators of certification examinations.
(3) Contract for the administration of examinations as part of regional or national examinations and contract with independent testing services for examination administration.
(4) Pursuant to ORS 676.568 (Office responsibilities), direct the Health Licensing Office to issue certificates, registrations, licenses and permits to individuals determined by the board to be qualified.
(5) Except as otherwise provided in ORS 690.205 (Rules) (2) or other provision of law, adopt rules establishing and enforcing standards for safety, infection control, professional conduct and any other matters relating to fields of practice, facilities or locations used by persons providing services regulated by ORS 690.005 (Definitions for ORS 690.005 to 690.225) to 690.225 (Inspections).
(6) Pursuant to ORS 676.612 (Disciplinary authority) and 690.167 (Disciplinary authority of Health Licensing Office), direct the office to suspend, revoke, limit or refuse to issue or renew certificates, registrations, licenses or permits or impose a period of probationary activity on the holder.
(8) Adopt rules prescribing standards of professional conduct for persons practicing hair design, barbering, esthetics, nail technology or natural hair care.
(9) Consult with the office about the issuance and renewal of a license under ORS 690.055 (Facility license and temporary facility permit requirements) authorizing a facility to provide barbering, esthetics, hair design, nail technology services or natural hair care. [1977 c.886 §21; 1983 c.151 §14; 1987 c.31 §9; 1993 c.267 §13; 1995 c.343 §68; 1999 c.425 §18; 2003 c.547 §46; 2005 c.117 §6; 2005 c.648 §60; 2009 c.701 §41; 2013 c.290 §6; 2013 c.314 §43; 2013 c.568 §87]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information