Public Health and Pharmacy Formulary Advisory Committee
(1) The State Board of Pharmacy shall convene a Public Health and Pharmacy Formulary Advisory Committee consisting of seven members, appointed by the Governor, for the purpose of advising the board in promulgating rules under ORS 689.645 (Vaccines, patient care services, drugs and devices). The committee shall consist of:
(a) Two physicians licensed to practice medicine under ORS 677.100 (Qualifications of applicant for license) to 677.228 (Automatic lapse of license for failure to pay registration fee or report change of location);
(b) Two advanced practice registered nurses who have prescriptive authority and who are licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing; and
(c) Three pharmacists licensed by the State Board of Pharmacy, at least one of whom is employed as a community pharmacist and one of whom is employed as a health system pharmacist.
(2) The Oregon Medical Board, the Oregon State Board of Nursing and the State Board of Pharmacy may each submit to the Governor a list of up to three names of individuals to be considered for membership for each of the vacancies required to be filled by licensees of each board.
(3) The term of each member of the committee is two years. A member whose term has expired shall continue to serve until a successor is appointed. If a vacancy occurs, a person who is a representative of the same state agency as the departing member shall serve for the remainder of the term.
(4) The committee shall elect one of its members to serve as chairperson.
(5) Members of the committee are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions), to be paid by the State Board of Pharmacy.
(6) A member of the committee who fails to attend two consecutive meetings of the committee shall be removed from the committee unless the failure to attend was because of a serious health condition of the member or a family member of the member.
(7) The committee shall recommend to the State Board of Pharmacy for adoption by rule of the board a formulary of drugs and devices that a pharmacist may prescribe and dispense to a patient pursuant to a diagnosis by a health care practitioner qualified to make the diagnosis. The committee shall periodically review the formulary and recommend the revisions to the board for adoption by rule.
(8) A pharmacist may request that the committee add a drug or device to the formulary by submitting to the committee a request form prescribed by the State Board of Pharmacy. The addition to the formulary of a drug or device under this subsection shall be considered a revision to the formulary that the committee may recommend to the board for adoption by rule. [2017 c.106 §2]
Note: 689.649 (Public Health and Pharmacy Formulary Advisory Committee) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 689 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.