Grounds for discipline of certificate holder
- • civil penalty
- • assessment of disciplinary proceeding cost
(1) The Oregon Health Authority may discipline a person certified as a hemodialysis technician who has:
(a) Admitted the facts of a complaint alleging the person is guilty of violation of one or more of the grounds for suspension or revocation of a certificate as set forth in ORS 688.655 (Grounds for denying, suspending or revoking certificate).
(b) Been found guilty in accordance with ORS chapter 183 of violation of one or more of the grounds for suspension or revocation of certification as set forth in ORS 688.655 (Grounds for denying, suspending or revoking certificate).
(2) In disciplining a technician, the authority may use any or all of the following methods:
(a) Suspend judgment.
(b) Place the technician on probation.
(c) Suspend the technician’s certificate.
(d) Revoke the technician’s certificate.
(e) Place limitations on the ability of the technician to practice hemodialysis in this state.
(f) Take such other disciplinary action as the authority in its discretion finds proper, including assessment of the costs of the disciplinary proceedings, not to exceed $1,000, as a civil penalty or assessment of a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000.
(3) In addition to the action authorized by subsection (2) of this section, the authority may temporarily suspend a certificate or license without a hearing, simultaneously with the commencement of proceedings under ORS chapter 183, if the authority finds that evidence in its possession indicates that a continuation in practice of the technician constitutes an immediate danger to the public.
(4) If the authority places a technician on probation, the authority may determine, and may at any time modify, the conditions of the probation and may include among them any reasonable condition for the purpose of protection of the public and for the purpose of the rehabilitation of the technician. Upon expiration of the term of probation, further proceedings shall be abated if the technician has complied with the terms of the probation.
(5) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures). [1997 c.580 §8; 2009 c.595 §1101]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.