Board of Medical Imaging
- • qualifications
- • advisory member
- • term
- • compensation and expenses
- • officers
- • meetings
- • quorum
- • rules
(1)(a) There is created the Board of Medical Imaging. The board consists of 12 members appointed by the Governor and subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner provided in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation). Each member of the board must be a resident of this state. Of the members of the board:
(A) One must be a licensed physician who is in good standing and who is a radiologist;
(B) Three must be licensed physicians who are in good standing and who apply to serve on the board in a form and manner prescribed by the board;
(C) Five must be actively engaged medical imaging licensees, including one from each of the medical imaging modalities listed in ORS 688.405 (Definitions for ORS 688.405 to 688.605); and
(D) Three must be members of the public.
(b) If the Board of Medical Imaging does not receive a sufficient number of applications to fill the positions described in paragraph (a)(B) of this subsection, the Governor may appoint the remaining board members from applicants who have been retired for not more than six years and:
(A) Who are registered with the Oregon Medical Board as retired emeritus physicians; or
(B) Who provided the Oregon Medical Board with notice of retirement in accordance with ORS 677.175 (Retirement) and were in good standing with the Oregon Medical Board at the time of retirement.
(c) If the Board of Medical Imaging does not receive a sufficient number of applications to fill the positions described in paragraphs (a)(B) and (b) of this subsection, the Governor may appoint the remaining board members from among any combination of the following:
(A) A chiropractic physician licensed under ORS chapter 684 who is certified by the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology as a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology;
(B) An actively engaged medical imaging licensee;
(C) A limited X-ray machine operator who holds a permit issued under ORS 688.515 (Limited X-ray machine operator permit); or
(D) A member of the public.
(d) A public member appointed under this subsection may not be:
(A) Otherwise eligible for appointment to the Board of Medical Imaging; or
(B) The spouse, domestic partner, child, parent or sibling of a person issued a license or permit by the board.
(2)(a) Board members required to be medical imaging licensees may be selected by the Governor from a list of three to five nominees for each vacancy, submitted by a professional organization representing medical imaging licensees.
(b) In selecting the members of the board, the Governor shall strive to balance the representation on the board according to:
(A) Geographic areas of this state; and
(B) Ethnic group.
(3) The section manager of the Radiation Protection Services Section of the Oregon Health Authority, or a person appointed by the section manager, is an advisory member of the board for the purpose of providing counsel and is not entitled to vote.
(4)(a) The term of office of the members of the board is three years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. The terms must be staggered so that no more than four terms end each year. A member is eligible for reappointment.
(b) A board member shall be removed immediately from the board if, during the member’s term, the member:
(A) Is not a resident of this state;
(B) Has been absent from three consecutive board meetings, unless at least one absence is excused;
(C) Is not a licensed physician or a retired licensed physician who was a licensed physician in good standing at the time of retirement, if the board member was appointed to serve on the board as a licensed physician;
(D) Is not a licensed chiropractic physician or a retired licensed chiropractic physician who was a licensed chiropractic physician in good standing at the time of retirement, if the board member was appointed to serve on the board as a licensed chiropractic physician;
(E) Is not a medical imaging licensee or a retired medical imaging licensee who was a medical imaging licensee in good standing at the time of retirement, if the board member was appointed to serve on the board as a medical imaging licensee; or
(F) Does not hold a valid permit issued under ORS 688.515 (Limited X-ray machine operator permit), if the board member was appointed to serve on the board as a limited X-ray machine operator.
(5) Members of the board are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). The board may provide by rule for compensation to board members for the performance of official duties at a rate that is greater than the rate provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(6) The board shall annually elect a board chairperson and a vice chairperson from the voting members of the board.
(7) For the purpose of transacting its business, the board must meet at least once every three months at times and places designated by resolution. Special meetings may also be held at such times as the board may elect or at the call of the chairperson. Notification of the time, place and purpose of any special meeting must be sent to all members of the board at least 15 days before the date of the meeting. All meetings are subject to ORS 192.610 (Definitions for ORS 192.610 to 192.690) to 192.690 (Exceptions to ORS 192.610 to 192.690).
(8) Seven members of the board constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting. Seven affirmative votes are required to take action. [1977 c.534 §3; 1979 c.449 §4; 1999 c.517 §9; 2005 c.307 §1; 2009 c.535 §27; 2009 c.828 §42; 2009 c.833 §38; 2015 c.385 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.