Inactive licenses and permits
- • licenses and permits for periods other than 24 months
(1) The Board of Medical Imaging may grant inactive status to a person who holds a license or a limited X-ray machine operator permit who notifies the board of the person’s:
(a) Intent not to practice a medical imaging modality or subspecialty or as a limited X-ray machine operator; and
(b) Desire to retain the right to reinstate the license or permit subject to board rules.
(2) Only medical imaging licensees who hold a credential issued by a credentialing organization or limited X-ray machine operators in good standing may retain the right to reinstate an inactive license.
(3) The board may, in certain disciplinary circumstances, issue a provisional license or provisional permit that identifies:
(a) The specific provisions of the license and terms of converting the license from provisional status to active status;
(b) The length of issuance; and
(c) The specific issues that resulted in provisional status.
(4) The board may issue a restricted license for the purpose of performing hybrid imaging using a modality for which the medical imaging licensee does not hold either a primary or secondary credential if:
(a) The person holds a credential in one or more of the medical imaging modalities or subspecialties; and
(b) Receives appropriate training in the limited aspects of the other modality as required by the board by rule.
(5) The board may issue an additional license to a person who:
(a) Holds a license issued by the board in one of the primary medical imaging modalities;
(b) Holds and continues to maintain a primary credential issued by a credentialing organization recognized by the board in one of the primary medical imaging modalities; and
(c) Holds and continues to maintain an additional credential issued by a credentialing organization recognized by the board in the secondary medical imaging modality for which a license is sought.
(6)(a) The board may issue a student license to a person enrolled in an approved school for the purpose of allowing the person to complete clinical training requirements.
(b) An applicant for a student license must meet the requirements of ORS 688.455 (License fee) (1)(a) and (c) to (f).
(c) The board shall process student applications and shall issue student licenses at reduced fees as provided in rules adopted by the board.
(d) A student license is valid only while the student is enrolled in an approved school.
(7)(a) The board may issue a temporary license or permit upon satisfactory application and payment of a registration fee established by the board by rule.
(b) Medical imaging license applicants, students and graduates may be issued temporary licenses pertaining to a specific modality or subspecialty without examination for a limited time period as determined by the board by rule.
(c) Limited X-ray machine operator permit applicants may be issued temporary permits for the purpose of completing clinical education requirements under the supervision of a licensed physician:
(A) Upon successful completion of the core module examination;
(B) For an initial period of six months; and
(C) For a single six-month renewal period, at the discretion of the board.
(8) The board may issue licenses and permits for periods other than 24 months. The fee for a license or permit issued for any period other than 24 months shall be prorated on a monthly basis. [1991 c.535 §4; 1997 c.106 §3; 2009 c.833 §13; 2012 c.1 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.