Application of ORS 688.405 to 688.605
(1) Persons who operate dental X-ray equipment for the sole purpose of oral radiography.
(2) Students in approved schools, while practicing one of the medical imaging modalities or subspecialties under the supervision of the school’s assigned clinical instructor.
(3) Specific licensed health care providers, other than physicians, who use sonographic equipment within their lawful scope of practice.
(4) Licensed physicians.
(5) Persons who use radiation for the purpose of research or education. As used in this subsection:
(a) “Education” means a program of study or training:
(A) In which a student, trainee or health care practitioner learns to practice or improve skills for a profession regulated by a health professional regulatory board, as defined in ORS 676.160 (Definitions for ORS 676.165 to 676.180); and
(B)(i) That is accredited by a national or regional post-secondary accrediting body or organization; or
(ii) That is approved or recognized by a health professional regulatory board, as defined in ORS 676.160 (Definitions for ORS 676.165 to 676.180), for purposes related to being authorized to practice a profession.
(b) “Research” means systematic investigation, including research development, testing and evaluation, designed to develop or contribute to general knowledge and that has been approved by an institutional review board that provides for the protection of human research subjects in accordance with federal regulations.
(6) Persons who use sonographic equipment for the sole purpose of ophthalmic sonography. [1977 c.534 §15; 1979 c.449 §3; 1981 c.603 §5; 1993 c.247 §2; 1999 c.517 §2; 2009 c.833 §4; 2013 c.87 §3; 2017 c.13 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.