Continuing education required
- • exemptions
- • rules
(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (5) of this section, each person holding a license under this chapter shall submit annually by December 31, evidence satisfactory to the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine of successful completion of an approved program of continuing education of at least 25 hours in naturopathic medicine, completed in the calendar year preceding the date on which the evidence is submitted, and completion during the renewal period, or documentation of previous completion, of:
(a) A pain management education program approved by the board and developed in conjunction with the Pain Management Commission established under ORS 413.570 (Pain Management Commission); or
(b) An equivalent pain management education program, as determined by the board.
(2) The board may exempt any person holding a license under this chapter from the requirements of subsection (1) of this section upon application showing evidence satisfactory to the board of inability to comply with the requirements because of physical or mental condition or because of other unusual or extenuating circumstances. However, a person may not be exempted from the requirements of subsection (1) of this section more than once in any five-year period.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2) of this section, a person holding a license under this chapter may be exempted from the requirements of subsection (1) of this section upon application showing evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant is or will be in the next calendar year at least 70 years of age and is retired or will retire in the next calendar year from the practice of naturopathic medicine.
(4) The board shall require licensees to obtain continuing education for the use of pharmacological substances for diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic purposes in order to maintain current licensure.
(5) A person whose license is in inactive status must submit by December 31 of each year evidence satisfactory to the board of completion of 10 hours of approved continuing education in the calendar year preceding the date on which the evidence is submitted.
(6) Notwithstanding subsections (1), (2) and (5) of this section, in the case of an applicant under ORS 685.100 (License certificate) (6)(b) for reactivation of an inactive license, the continuing education requirement for reactivation shall be set by rule of the board. [1969 c.381 §2; 1973 c.829 §67; 1985 c.624 §10; 1993 c.55 §2; 1997 c.628 §2; 1999 c.479 §2; 2001 c.987 §17; 2003 c.154 §§4,5; 2007 c.327 §5; 2009 c.43 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.