Examination and reexamination of applicants
- • rules
- • issuing license
(1) An applicant for licensure under this chapter shall:
(a) Provide evidence satisfactory to the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine of having successfully passed the basic science and the core clinical science examinations administered by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners; and
(b) Pass any additional examinations required for licensure by the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine by rule.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1)(a) of this section, the board may waive the basic science examination requirement for licensure for an applicant who is qualified in basic science as a result of successful performance on an examination determined by the board to be comparable to the basic science examination required under subsection (1)(a) of this section and to have been taken recently enough to ensure the currency of the applicants knowledge.
(3) At a time and place designated by the board, an applicant for licensure shall take any examinations required by the board by rule. The board shall publish the time and place of the examinations at least 30 days prior to the date of the examinations.
(4) If the applicant passes the required examinations and satisfies all other requirements for licensure under this chapter, upon payment of the initial license fee assessed under ORS 685.100 (License certificate), the board shall issue to the applicant a license to practice naturopathic medicine.
(5) If an applicant fails an examination required under this section, the board may permit the applicant to take the examination again in accordance with rules adopted by the board. [Amended by 1985 c.624 §7; 1989 c.575 §3; 2007 c.327 §3; 2009 c.43 §15; 2011 c.75 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information