As used in this chapter:
(1) Active senior means a person who:
(a) Is licensed under ORS 684.054 (Issuing license);
(b) Is at least 60 years of age; and
(c) Has been in practice for 25 years or more.
(2) Chiropractic is defined as:
(a) That system of adjusting with the hands the articulations of the bony framework of the human body, and the employment and practice of physiotherapy, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy and minor surgery.
(b) The chiropractic diagnosis, treatment and prevention of body dysfunction; correction, maintenance of the structural and functional integrity of the neuro-musculoskeletal system and the effects thereof or interferences therewith by the utilization of all recognized and accepted chiropractic diagnostic procedures and the employment of all rational therapeutic measures as taught in approved chiropractic colleges.
(3) Chiropractic physician means a person licensed by ORS 677.060 (Persons and practices not within scope of chapter), 684.025 (Application of chapter), 684.100 (Grounds for discipline of licensee or refusal to license), 684.155 (Additional powers of board) or 688.010 (Definitions for ORS 688.010 to 688.201) to 688.201 (Disposition of receipts) and this section as an attending physician.
(4) Drugs means all medicines and preparations and all substances, except over-the-counter nonprescription substances, food, water and nutritional supplements taken orally, used or intended to be used for the diagnosis, cure, treatment, mitigation or prevention of diseases or abnormalities of humans, which are recognized in the latest editions of the official United States Pharmacopoeia, official Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia, official National Formulary, or any supplement to any of them, or otherwise established as drugs.
(5) Minor surgery means the use of electrical or other methods for the surgical repair and care incident thereto of superficial lacerations and abrasions, benign superficial lesions, and the removal of foreign bodies located in the superficial structures; and the use of antiseptics and local anesthetics in connection therewith. [Amended by 1953 c.541 §2; 1975 c.492 §1; 1987 c.726 §1; 1995 c.493 §1; 1997 c.264 §4; 2005 c.627 §17; 2007 c.618 §1; 2009 c.697 §9; 2009 c.756 §49]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information