Prohibited acts and practices
A person may not:
(1) Sell or barter, or offer to sell or barter, any license issued by the board.
(2) Purchase or procure by barter any such license with intent to use it as evidence of the holder’s qualification to practice optometry.
(3) Alter the license with fraudulent intent in any material regard.
(4) Use or attempt to use any such license which has been purchased, fraudulently issued, counterfeited or materially altered as a valid license.
(5) Practice optometry under a false or assumed name.
(6) Willfully make any false statement in a material regard in an application for an examination before the board or for a license.
(7) Practice optometry in this state without having at the time of so doing a valid unrevoked license as an optometrist.
(8) Advertise or represent, by displaying a sign or otherwise, to be an optometrist without having at the time of so doing a valid unrevoked license from the board.
(9) Dispense or sell an ophthalmic contact lens without having obtained a valid, unexpired prescription from the person to whom the contact lens is dispensed or sold. As used in this subsection, “ophthalmic contact lens” means a contact lens with or without refractive power, including a plano lens or a cosmetic lens. [Amended by 1965 c.537 §1; 1971 c.102 §8; 1979 c.142 §4; 1987 c.443 §8; 2007 c.13 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.