Definitions for ORS 681.740 to 681.758
(1) “Art therapy” means the integrated use of psychotherapeutic principles, visual art media and the creative process to assist clients in increasing awareness of self and others, coping with symptoms, stress and traumatic experiences, enhancing cognitive abilities and identifying and implementing therapeutic interventions to meet developmental, behavioral, cognitive and emotional needs.
(2) “Board certified art therapist” means a person who is credentialed by the Art Therapy Credentials Board, Inc., or its successor organization, as a board certified art therapist.
(3) “Licensed art therapist” means a person licensed by the Health Licensing Office to practice art therapy under ORS 681.743 (Licensed art therapist).
(4) “Licensed certified art therapist” means a person licensed by the office to practice art therapy under ORS 681.746 (Licensed certified art therapist).
(5) “Practice of art therapy” means to engage professionally and for compensation in providing art therapy services that include, but are not limited to:
(a) Evaluation during client sessions;
(b) Using treatment activities that provide clients with opportunities for expression through the creative process;
(c) Using art therapy assessment methods to determine treatment goals and implement therapeutic art interventions to meet clients’ developmental, emotional and mental needs; and
(d) Employing art media, the creative process and the resulting artwork to assist clients in coping with and reducing psychiatric symptoms, including anxiety, attachment disorders, depression and post-traumatic stress, enhancing neurological, cognitive and verbal abilities and promoting appropriate skills development.
(6) “Registered art therapist” means a person who is credentialed by the Art Therapy Credentials Board, Inc., or its successor organization, as a registered art therapist. [2017 c.155 §1]
Note: 681.740 (Definitions for ORS 681.740 to 681.758) to 681.758 (Rules) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 681 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.