Employment of dental hygienist
- • supervision
- • rules
(1) Any dentist may employ a dental hygienist who may engage in the practice of dental hygiene in the office of such dentist under the general supervision of a dentist.
(2) Any public institution, health care facility or health maintenance organization, as those terms are defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions), may employ a dental hygienist who may engage in the practice of dental hygiene under the general supervision of a dentist.
(3) A dental hygienist under the general supervision of a dentist may engage in the practice of dental hygiene in any place where limited access patients are located.
(4) The Oregon Board of Dentistry may adopt rules specifying other locations where dental hygienists may work and shall specify in its rules the degree of supervision a dentist must exercise over the procedures the hygienist performs.
(5) Notwithstanding ORS 679.010 (Definitions) (3), supervision by a dentist is not required when a dental hygienist determines the need for and appropriateness of sealants or fluoride, and applies sealants or fluoride at the locations and for persons described in ORS 680.205 (Services rendered under permit) (1). [Amended by 1963 c.266 §10; 1973 c.122 §4; 1979 c.526 §4; 1985 c.323 §9; 1991 c.476 §1; 2007 c.379 §4; 2011 c.716 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information