Application for examination
- • fees
- • grounds for refusal to issue or renew license
(1) Any person desiring to practice dental hygiene in this state shall file an application with the Oregon Board of Dentistry.
(2) At the time of making application, the applicant shall:
(a) Pay to the board the required application and examination fee.
(b) Furnish the board with evidence satisfactory to the board of details of any convictions recorded in any police records. Such details are subject to the findings required by ORS 670.280 (Denial, suspension or revocation of license based on criminal conviction).
(c) Present to the board a diploma or evidence satisfactory to the board of having graduated from an accredited dental hygiene program approved by the board.
(3) If an applicant has been in practice in another state or states the applicant shall furnish an affidavit from the board of dental examiners or similar body of such state or states that the applicant has been engaged in the legal practice of dental hygiene in such state or states for a period of time prescribed by the rules of the Oregon Board of Dentistry.
(4) The board may refuse to issue a license to or renew a license of an applicant who has been convicted of a violation of law if the board makes the findings required by ORS 670.280 (Denial, suspension or revocation of license based on criminal conviction). A certified copy of the record of conviction is conclusive evidence of conviction.
(5) The board may refuse to issue a license to or renew a license of an applicant who has been disciplined by a state licensing or regulatory agency of this or another state regarding any health care profession when, in the judgment of the board, the acts or conduct resulting in the disciplinary action bears a demonstrable relationship to the ability of the licensee or applicant to practice dental hygiene in accordance with the provisions of ORS 680.010 (Definitions for ORS 680.010 to 680.205) to 680.205 (Services rendered under permit). A certified copy of the record of the disciplinary action is conclusive evidence of the disciplinary action.
(6) The board may refuse to issue a license to or renew a license of an applicant who has falsified a license application, or any person for any cause described under ORS 679.140 (Discipline of licensee) or 679.170 (Prohibited practices).
(7) Fees paid are not refundable. [Amended by 1963 c.266 §5; 1967 c.90 §1; 1973 c.122 §2; 1983 c.169 §21; 1985 c.323 §16; 1995 c.199 §5; 2003 c.83 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information