Application for license
- • fees
- • grounds for refusal of license
(1) Any person desiring to practice dentistry in this state shall file an application with the Oregon Board of Dentistry.
(2) At the time of making the application, the applicant shall:
(a) Pay to the board the required application and examination fee.
(b) Furnish the board with evidence satisfactory to the board of details of any convictions recorded in any police records. Such details are subject to the findings required by ORS 670.280 (Denial, suspension or revocation of license based on criminal conviction).
(c) Present to the board a diploma or evidence satisfactory to the board of having graduated from an accredited dental education program approved by the board.
(3) If an applicant has been in practice in another state or states the applicant shall furnish an affidavit from the secretary of the board of dental examiners or similar body of such state or states that the applicant has been engaged in the legal practice of dentistry in such state or states for a period of time prescribed by the rules of the Oregon Board of Dentistry.
(4) The board may refuse to issue a license to or renew a license of an applicant who has been convicted of a violation of the law if the board makes the findings required by ORS 670.280 (Denial, suspension or revocation of license based on criminal conviction). A certified copy of the record of conviction is conclusive evidence of conviction.
(5) The board may refuse to issue a license to or renew a license of an applicant who has been disciplined by a state licensing or regulatory agency of this or another state regarding any health care profession when, in the judgment of the board, the act or conduct resulting in the disciplinary action bears a demonstrable relationship to the ability of the licensee or applicant to practice dentistry in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. A certified copy of the record of the disciplinary action is conclusive evidence of the disciplinary action.
(6) The board may refuse to issue a license to or renew a license of an applicant who has falsified a license application, or any person for any cause described under ORS 679.140 (Discipline of licensee) or 679.170 (Prohibited practices).
(7) Fees paid are not refundable. [Amended by 1963 c.284 §5; 1973 c.390 §3; 1973 c.827 §69; 1973 c.829 §62a; 1977 c.444 §1; 1981 c.232 §1; 1983 c.169 §6; 1985 c.323 §4; 1995 c.199 §1; 2003 c.83 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.