Definitions for ORS 678.245 to 678.285
(1) “Ambulatory surgical center” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(2) “Anesthesiologist” means a physician who has completed a residency program in anesthesiology that meets or exceeds the standards adopted by the Oregon Medical Board.
(3) “Certified registered nurse anesthetist” means a registered nurse licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing as a certified registered nurse anesthetist.
(4) “Hospital” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(5) “Medical collaboration” means approval of the anesthesia plan by an anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist being readily available during the administration of anesthetic agents until the patient’s post-anesthesia condition is satisfactory and stable.
(6) “Office” means a location other than an ambulatory surgical center or hospital at which medical, surgical or dental services are rendered.
(7) “Physician” means a doctor licensed to practice medicine under ORS 677.100 (Qualifications of applicant for license) to 677.228 (Automatic lapse of license for failure to pay registration fee or report change of location).
(8) “Procedure” means surgery, labor and delivery or other medical services in a hospital or ambulatory surgical center rendered by a physician or other health care provider qualified by appropriate state license and hospital or center privileges or hospital or center written authorization to render such services. [1997 c.575 §1; 2013 c.406 §1; 2017 c.409 §27]
Note: 678.245 (Definitions for ORS 678.245 to 678.285) to 678.285 (Board regulation of nurse anesthetists) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 678 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.