Renewal of license
- • fee
- • certificate and privilege
(1) Every person licensed to practice nursing shall apply for renewal of the license other than a limited license in every second year before 12:01 a.m. on the anniversary of the birthdate of the person in the odd-numbered year for persons whose birth occurred in an odd-numbered year and in the even-numbered year for persons whose birth occurred in an even-numbered year. Persons whose birthdate anniversary falls on February 29 shall be treated as if the anniversary were March 1.
(2) Each application must be accompanied by a nonrefundable renewal fee payable to the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
(3) The board may not renew the license of a person licensed to practice nursing unless:
(a) The requirements of subsections (1) and (2) of this section are met; and
(b) Prior to payment of the renewal fee described in subsection (2) of this section the person completes, or provides documentation of previous completion of:
(A) A pain management education program approved by the board and developed in conjunction with the Pain Management Commission established under ORS 413.570 (Pain Management Commission); or
(B) An equivalent pain management education program, as determined by the board.
(4) The license of any person not renewed for failure to comply with subsections (1) to (3) of this section is expired and the person shall be considered delinquent and is subject to the delinquent fee specified in ORS 678.410 (Fees).
(5) A registered nurse who has been issued a license or certificate as a nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist or certified registered nurse anesthetist shall apply as specified by the board by rule for renewal of the license or certificate and for renewal of the prescriptive privileges in every second year before 12:01 a.m. on the anniversary of the birthdate, as determined for the person’s license to practice nursing. [1957 c.316 §16 (enacted in lieu of 678.100); 1965 c.158 §1; 1969 c.71 §3; 1973 c.584 §7; 1975 c.205 §3; 1981 c.369 §5; 1987 c.79 §5; 1999 c.420 §2; 2001 c.987 §15; 2017 c.131 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.