Definitions for ORS 677.495 to 677.535
(1) Physician assistant means a person who is licensed in accordance with ORS 677.505 (Application of provisions governing physician assistants to other health professions) to 677.525 (Fees).
(2) Practice agreement means a written agreement between a physician assistant and a supervising physician or supervising physician organization that describes the manner in which the services of the physician assistant will be used.
(3) Supervising physician means a physician licensed under ORS 677.100 (Qualifications of applicant for license) to 677.228 (Automatic lapse of license for failure to pay registration fee or report change of location), or a podiatric physician and surgeon licensed under ORS 677.805 (Ankle defined for ORS 677.805 to 677.840) to 677.840 (Fees), who supervises a physician assistant.
(4) Supervising physician organization means a group of supervising physicians that collectively supervises a physician assistant.
(5) Supervision means the acts of overseeing and accepting responsibility for the medical services provided by a physician assistant in accordance with a practice agreement, including regular and routine oversight and chart review. [Formerly 677.012; 1983 c.486 §45; 1987 c.660 §24; 1989 c.830 §30; 1999 c.119 §1; 1999 c.582 §1; 2001 c.744 §§3,4; 2005 c.366 §1; 2007 c.347 §1; 2010 c.43 §1; 2011 c.550 §1; 2017 c.352 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information