(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, and in addition to any other penalty or remedy provided by law, the Health Licensing Office may impose a civil penalty not to exceed $5,000 for each violation of the following statutes and any rule adopted under the following statutes:
(a) ORS 688.701 (Definitions for ORS 688.701 to 688.734) to 688.734 (Disciplinary authority of Health Licensing Office) (athletic training);
(c) ORS 680.500 (Definitions for ORS 680.500 to 680.565) to 680.565 (Authority of Health Licensing Office and director) (denture technology);
(d) Subject to ORS 676.616 (Final order authority for contested cases related to practice of direct entry midwifery) and 687.445 (Discipline), ORS 687.405 (Direct entry midwifery defined) to 687.495 (Collection of data on birth and fetal death outcomes) (direct entry midwifery);
(e) ORS 690.350 (Definitions for ORS 690.350 to 690.410) to 690.410 (Minimum standards of education and training) (tattooing, electrolysis, body piercing, earlobe piercing, dermal implanting and scarification);
(h) ORS chapter 700 (environmental sanitation);
(i) ORS 675.365 (Definitions for ORS 675.365 to 675.410) to 675.410 (Duties of Health Licensing Office under ORS 675.365 to 675.410) (sexual abuse specific treatment);
(j) ORS 678.710 (Definitions for ORS 678.710 to 678.820) to 678.820 (Duties and powers of board and Health Licensing Office) (nursing home administrators and residential care facility administrators);
(L) ORS 676.612 (Disciplinary authority) (prohibited acts);
(o) ORS 676.630 (Definitions for ORS 676.630 to 676.660) to 676.660 (Health Licensing Office authority to discipline persons certified to practice advanced nonablative esthetics procedures) (advanced nonablative esthetics procedure);
(2) The office may take any other disciplinary action that it finds proper, including but not limited to assessment of costs of disciplinary proceedings, not to exceed $5,000, for violation of any statute listed in subsection (1) of this section or any rule adopted under any statute listed in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not limit the amount of the civil penalty resulting from a violation of ORS 694.042 (Right to rescind hearing aid purchase).
(4) In imposing a civil penalty under this section, the office shall consider the following factors:
(a) The immediacy and extent to which the violation threatens the public health or safety;
(b) Any prior violations of statutes, rules or orders;
(c) The history of the person incurring a penalty in taking all feasible steps to correct any violation; and
(d) Any other aggravating or mitigating factors.
(5) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(6) The moneys received by the office from civil penalties under this section shall be deposited in the Health Licensing Office Account and are continuously appropriated to the office for the administration and enforcement of the laws the office is charged with administering and enforcing that govern the person against whom the penalty was imposed. [2003 c.547 §4; 2005 c.648 §14; 2007 c.841 §17; 2009 c.701 §17; 2009 c.768 §31; 2011 c.346 §31; 2011 c.630 §20; 2011 c.715 §21; 2013 c.82 §5; 2013 c.314 §17; 2013 c.568 §33; 2013 c.657 §10; 2013 c.771 §17; 2015 c.632 §6; 2015 c.674 §16; 2015 c.722 §11; 2017 c.155 §13; 2017 c.421 §9; 2017 c.499 §20; 2018 c.61 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information