Board of Certified Advanced Estheticians
(1) There is established the Board of Certified Advanced Estheticians within the Health Licensing Office, consisting of:
(a) Nine members appointed by the Governor; and
(b) The section manager of the Radiation Protection Services Section of the Oregon Health Authority, or the section manager’s designee.
(2) Of the nine members appointed by the Governor:
(a) Five must be certified advanced estheticians;
(b) Two must be physicians or physician assistants licensed under ORS chapter 677 or nurse practitioners licensed under ORS 678.375 (Nurse practitioners) to 678.390 (Authority of nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist to write prescriptions or dispense drugs); and
(c) Two must be public members who are residents of this state.
(3) The board member described in subsection (1)(b) of this section is a nonvoting ex officio member of the board.
(4) The term of office of each appointed member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) The voting members of the board shall select one of the voting members as chairperson and another voting member as vice chairperson. The board shall establish the terms of service for the chairperson and the vice chairperson and the duties and powers of the chairperson and the vice chairperson.
(6) A majority of the voting members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(7) Official action by the board requires the approval of a majority of the voting members of the board.
(8) The board shall meet at a place, day and hour determined by the board. The board also may meet at other times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the voting members of the board. [2015 c.722 §5]
Note: Section 9, chapter 722, Oregon Laws 2015, provides:
Sec. 9. (1) Notwithstanding the term of office specified by section 5 of this 2015 Act [676.650 (Board of Certified Advanced Estheticians)], of the members first appointed to the Board of Certified Advanced Estheticians:
(a) Two shall serve for terms ending December 31, 2016.
(b) Two shall serve for terms ending December 31, 2017.
(c) Two shall serve for terms ending December 31, 2018.
(d) Three shall serve for terms ending December 31, 2019.
(2) Notwithstanding the requirements for board membership specified by section 5 (2)(a) of this 2015 Act, the members first appointed to the board under section 5 (2)(a) of this 2015 Act may be estheticians who have at least three years’ experience practicing advanced nonablative esthetics procedures. [2015 c.722 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.