Investigation of alleged violations
- • confidentiality of information
- • limitation of liability
(1) Upon complaint of any person, or upon its own initiative, the State Board of Licensed Social Workers may investigate any alleged violation of ORS 675.510 (Definitions for ORS 675.510 to 675.600) to 675.600 (Duties of board).
(2) Any information that the board obtains pursuant to subsection (1) of this section is confidential as provided under ORS 676.175 (Complaints and investigations confidential) and is not admissible in judicial proceedings, other than judicial review as provided for under ORS 183.480 (Judicial review of agency orders), until the board votes to take final action.
(3) Any person who reports or provides information to the board under subsection (1) of this section in good faith is not subject to an action for civil damages as a result thereof.
(4) In addition to any other privilege or immunity provided by law, members of the board, members of its administrative and investigative staff, agents of the board and attorneys acting for the board as prosecutors or counsel have the same privileges and immunities from civil, administrative and criminal proceedings arising by reason of official actions as prosecuting and judicial officers of the state.
(5) A person who has made a complaint to the board or who has given information or testimony relative to a proposed or pending proceeding before the board is not answerable for any such act in any proceeding except for perjury. [1985 c.52 §9; 1989 c.721 §38; 1997 c.381 §7; 1997 c.791 §16a; 2009 c.442 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.