Definitions for ORS 675.510 to 675.600
(1) "Authorization to practice regulated social work" means a certificate or license issued by the State Board of Licensed Social Workers under ORS 675.510 (Definitions for ORS 675.510 to 675.600) to 675.600 (Duties of board).
(2) "Clinical social work" means:
(a) A specialty within the practice of master’s social work that requires the application of specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills to the assessment, diagnosis or treatment of mental, emotional or behavioral disorders or conditions, or as further defined by the board by rule;
(b) The application of services described in paragraph (a) of this subsection to the provision of individual, marital, couples, family or group counseling or psychotherapy; or
(c) The clinical supervision, as defined by the board by rule, of services described in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this subsection.
(3) "Clinical social worker" means a person who practices clinical social work.
(4) "Practice of baccalaureate social work" means the basic, generalist practice of social work that includes assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, case management, information and referral, counseling, supervision, consultation, education, advocacy, community organization, and the development, implementation and administration of policies, programs or activities.
(5) "Practice of master’s social work" means social work characterized by the application of specialized knowledge and advanced practice skills in the areas of assessment, treatment planning, implementation or evaluation, case management or referral, counseling, nonclinical supervision, consultation, education, research, advocacy, community organization, or the development, implementation or administration of policies, programs or activities.
(6) "Practice of social work" means the application of social work theory, knowledge, methods and ethics to restore or enhance social, psychosocial or biopsychosocial functioning of an individual, couples, families, children, groups, organizations or communities.
(7) "Regulated social worker" means a baccalaureate social worker registered under ORS 675.532 (Registration for practice of baccalaureate social work), a master’s social worker licensed under ORS 675.533 (Licensure for practice of master's social work), a clinical social work associate certified under ORS 675.537 (Certification as clinical social work associate) or a clinical social worker licensed under ORS 675.530 (License).
(8) "Unprofessional conduct" includes, but is not limited to, any conduct or practice contrary to recognized standards of ethics of the social work profession or any conduct that constitutes or might constitute a danger to the health or safety of a client or the public or in any other manner fails or might fail to adhere to the recognized standards of the profession. [1977 c.677 §1; 1979 c.769 §1; 1989 c.721 §25; 1997 c.381 §1; 2009 c.442 §1; 2009 c.697 §§15,16; 2009 c.756 §§88,88a; 2013 c.60 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.