- • types of programs
- • hours
- • waiver
- • rules
(1) Each holder of a permit issued under ORS 673.150 (Permits to engage in practice of public accountancy), under rules adopted by the Oregon Board of Accountancy, shall participate in a continuing education program that directly contributes to professional competency.
(2) The education programs shall include any of the following:
(a) Professional development programs and technical meetings of professional associations of public accountants, of certified public accountants or of public accountants and certified public accountants.
(b) University and college courses.
(c) Such professional staff training programs provided by accountancy organizations and other education programs that meet the requirements established by the board by rule.
(3) The board shall determine the hourly value to be assigned to each education program.
(4) The number of hours of continuing education required shall be determined by the board, but may not exceed 40 hours per year, or the equivalent, for both certified public accountants and public accountants.
(5) The board may waive continuing education requirements. However, continuing education requirements may not be waived by the board for more than three consecutive years except for military service, retirement, disability, absence from the state or for other instances of individual hardship. [1975 c.438 §2; 1981 c.89 §10; 1985 c.461 §3; 1985 c.605 §9; 1999 c.322 §13; 2015 c.451 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.