State Board of Geologist Examiners
- • qualifications and appointment
- • term
(1) The State Board of Geologist Examiners shall operate as a semi-independent state agency subject to ORS 182.456 (Definitions for ORS 182.456 to 182.472) to 182.472 (Reports) for the purpose of carrying out ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees). The board shall consist of four geologists and one public member, appointed by the Governor.
(2) Each member of the board shall be a citizen of the United States, and shall have been a resident of this state for one year preceding appointment. Each of the appointed geologist members of the board shall be a geologist registered under ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees). The State Geologist shall be an ex officio member of the board. Insofar as possible the board shall be composed of members having diverse geological specialties including at least one engineering geologist.
(3) Members of the board shall hold office until the expiration of the term for which they were appointed and until their successors have been appointed and qualified. On the expiration of the term of any member, the successor of the member shall be appointed in like manner for a term of three years.
(4) No person shall serve as a member of the board for more than two consecutive three-year terms.
(5) The Governor may remove any member of the board for misconduct, incompetency, neglect of duty or other sufficient cause. Vacancies in the membership of the board shall be filled for the unexpired term by appointment as provided for in this section.
(6) The board shall hold at least two regular meetings each year.
(7) The board may fix qualifications of and appoint an administrator who shall not be a member of the board. The board shall fix the compensation of the administrator, who shall be in the unclassified service.
(8) The board shall have the authority to appoint committees as required or as considered advisable to perform such duties as the board may direct. Such committees shall be composed of registered geologists. Membership on all such committees is at the pleasure of the board. [1977 c.612 §13; 1987 c.158 §135; 1987 c.414 §49; 1987 c.454 §1; 1993 c.744 §239; 1997 c.643 §24; 1999 c.1084 §63]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.