- • public practice of geology
(1) No person, other than a registered geologist, a registered certified specialty geologist or a subordinate under the direction of either, shall provide or prepare for the public practice of geology any geologic maps, plans, reports, or documents except as specifically exempted in ORS 672.535 (Exemptions from ORS 672.505 to 672.705).
(2) No person shall publicly practice or offer to publicly practice geology in this state, and use in connection with the name of the person or otherwise assume or advertise any title or description tending to convey the impression that the person is a registered geologist, unless such person has been registered or exempted under the provisions of ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees). The right to engage in the public practice of geology is deemed a personal right, based on the qualifications of the individual as evidenced by the certificate of registration, and shall not be transferable.
(3) No person other than a geologist registered under ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees) shall stamp or seal any plans, plats, reports, or other documents with the seal or stamp of a registered geologist or registered certified specialty geologist, or to use in any manner the title “geologist” or the title of any registered certified specialty geologist while conducting the public practice of geology unless registered or certified under ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees).
(4) No person shall sign, or stamp or seal any geologic maps, plans, plats, reports, or other geologic documents after the certification of the registrant named thereon has expired or has been suspended or revoked, unless the certificate has been renewed or reissued.
(5) No person shall attempt to use the certificate of registration or seal of another, or falsely impersonate another registrant.
(6) No person shall give false or forged evidence of any kind to the State Board of Geologist Examiners to obtain a certificate of registration.
(7) No person, including a person registered as a geologist under this section, shall practice or offer to perform any activities of an engineering geologist as defined in ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) unless the person is certified as an engineering geologist under ORS 672.565 (Certification in specialty).
(8) A person shall be construed to publicly practice or offer to publicly practice geology if the person:
(a) Publicly practices any branch of the profession of geology;
(b) By verbal claim, sign, advertisement, letterhead or card, or in any other way, purports to be a registered geologist, or through the use of some other title implies that the person is a registered geologist or that the person is registered under ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees); or
(c) Offers to provide any geological services or work recognized as the public practice of geology for a fee or other compensation.
(9) A person does not publicly practice or offer to publicly practice geology solely because the person testifies or prepares to testify in a public proceeding. [1977 c.612 §3; 1995 c.32 §1; 2001 c.232 §1; 2003 c.379 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.