Limited liability partnership name
(1) The name of the limited liability partnership shall contain the word “limited liability partnership” or the abbreviation “L.L.P.” or “LLP” as the last words or letters of its name.
(2) A limited liability partnership name shall not contain the word “cooperative,” “corporation,” “corp.,” “incorporated,” “Inc.,” “limited partnership,” “L.P.,” “LP,” “Ltd.,” “limited liability company,” “L.L.C.” or “LLC” or any abbreviation or derivation of any of the terms used in this subsection.
(3) A limited liability partnership name shall be written in the alphabet used to write the English language and may include Arabic and Roman numerals and incidental punctuation.
(4) A limited liability partnership name shall be distinguishable upon the records of the office of the Secretary of State from any other limited liability partnership name, limited liability company name, corporate name, professional corporate name, nonprofit corporate name, cooperative name, limited partnership name, business trust name, reserved name, registered corporate name or assumed business name of active record with the office.
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (4) of this section, a limited liability partnership that renders professional service may use as its name all or some of the names of individual present or former partners of the partnership or a predecessor partnership, as permitted by the applicable rules of ethics and by the applicable statutory or regulatory provisions governing the rendering of such professional service. The limited liability partnership name need not satisfy the requirement of subsection (4) of this section if the partnership delivers to the office a certified copy of a final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction that finds that the partnership has a prior or concurrent right to use the partnership name in this state.
(6) A limited liability partnership shall not transact business under an assumed business name unless the assumed business name contains the words or the abbreviation required by subsection (1) of this section and the assumed business name is registered in accordance with ORS chapter 648.
(7) A limited liability partnership is not required to register the name of the limited liability partnership as an assumed business name under ORS chapter 648 as long as its status as a limited liability partnership is effective.
(8) The name of a partnership that is not a limited liability partnership or a foreign limited liability partnership and the name of any corporation, limited liability company or other form of entity shall not contain the word “limited liability partnership” or the abbreviation “L.L.P.” or “LLP” or any abbreviation or derivation of any of the terms used in this subsection.
(9) The provisions of this section do not:
(a) Abrogate or limit the law governing unfair competition or unfair trade practices; or
(b) Derogate from the common law, the principles of equity or the statutes of this state or of the United States with respect to the right to acquire and protect trade names. [1997 c.775 §59]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.