Filing duty of Secretary of State
(1) If a document delivered to the office of the Secretary of State for filing satisfies the requirements of ORS 67.011 (Filing requirements), the Secretary of State shall file it.
(2) The Secretary of State files a document by indicating thereon that it has been filed by the Secretary of State and the date of filing. After filing a document, the Secretary of State shall return an acknowledgment of filing to the limited liability partnership or foreign limited liability partnership or its representative.
(3) If the Secretary of State refuses to file a document, the Secretary of State shall return it to the limited liability partnership or foreign limited liability partnership or its representative within 10 business days after the document was delivered together with a brief written explanation of the reason for the refusal.
(4) The duty of the Secretary of State to file documents under this section is ministerial. The Secretary of State is not required to verify or inquire into the legality or truth of any matter included in any document delivered to the office of the Secretary of State for filing. The filing of or refusal to file a document by the Secretary of State does not:
(a) Affect the validity or invalidity of the document in whole or part; or
(b) Relate to the correctness or incorrectness of information contained in the document.
(5) The refusal by the Secretary of State to file a document does not create a presumption that the document is invalid or that information contained in the document is incorrect. [Formerly 67.535]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.