Oregon Youth Employment Program
- • rules
(1) There is created in the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development the Oregon Youth Employment Program. Subject to the availability of funding, the office shall create and operate, and local workforce investment boards shall manage, the program to provide meaningful work experience and workforce training for persons between the ages of 14 and 24.
(2) The program shall provide to participants in the program case management and support services that include, but are not limited to:
(a) Developing an individual development plan for the participant that outlines work readiness, career and educational goals;
(b) Work readiness instruction;
(c) At least 12 weeks of paid internships or other work experience; and
(d) Academic support for earning high school graduation credit, completion of a General Educational Development (GED) certificate program or earning college credit for work experience or internships provided through the program.
(3) The program:
(a) Plan, implementation procedures and evaluation criteria shall be described in the local plan developed by a local workforce investment board under ORS 660.327 (Duties of local workforce investment boards).
(b) May provide for public and private sector employment opportunities.
(4) Local workforce investment boards responsible for managing the program shall ensure appropriate training and positive work experiences for participants.
(5) The office shall collaborate with the local workforce investment boards to collect data on youth work experience programs that identify successful work experiences and allow for the identification and dissemination of the most promising practices. The data collected shall also include the number of participants in the program, the number of participants that complete the program, the cost of internships and other work experiences provided, the academic credit earned by participants and the number of General Educational Development (GED) certificates earned by participants.
(6) The office shall adopt rules necessary for the implementation and operation of the program created under subsection (1) of this section. The rules shall include, but are not limited to, establishing eligibility criteria for persons participating in the program. [2011 c.702 §4; 2015 c.366 §67]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.