Duties of local workforce development boards
In accordance with section 3122 of the federal Act, each local workforce development board shall:
(1) Consistent with section 3123 of the federal Act, in partnership with the chief elected official for the local area involved, develop and submit a local plan to the Governor. The local plan must:
(a) Be developed by the local workforce development board with local workforce partners;
(b) Identify strategies and outcomes that the local workforce development board will implement in the local workforce development area;
(c) Make all parties to the local plan accountable for carrying out the strategies and achieving the outcomes identified in the local plan; and
(d) Be submitted to and approved by the State Workforce and Talent Development Board.
(2) Consistent with section 3151(d) of the federal Act, with the agreement of the chief elected official, designate or certify one-stop operators as described in section 3151(d)(2)(A) of the federal Act and may terminate for cause the eligibility of such operators.
(3) Consistent with section 3153 of the federal Act, identify eligible providers of youth activities in the local area and award grants or contracts on a competitive basis to those providers, based on recommendations of a youth council.
(4) Consistent with section 3152 of the federal Act, identify eligible providers of training services described in section 3174(d)(4) of the federal Act.
(5) Subject to the approval of the chief elected official, develop a budget for the purpose of carrying out the duties of the local workforce development board under section 3122 of the federal Act.
(6) In partnership with the chief elected official, provide oversight of local programs of youth activities authorized under section 3164 of the federal Act, local employment and training activities authorized under section 3174 of the federal Act and the one-stop delivery system in the local area.
(7) With the chief elected official and the Governor, negotiate and reach agreement on local performance measures as described in section 3141(c) of the federal Act.
(8) Coordinate the workforce development activities authorized under the federal Act and carried out in the local area with economic development strategies and develop other employer linkages with such activities.
(9) Promote the participation of private sector employers in the statewide workforce development system and ensure the effective provision, through the system, of connecting, brokering and coaching activities, through intermediaries such as the one-stop operator in the local area or through other organizations, to assist such employers in meeting hiring needs. [2001 c.684 §12; 2014 c.49 §7; 2017 c.185 §30; 2017 c.297 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information