Definitions for ORS 660.300 to 660.364
(1) Chief elected official means a county commissioner, a county judge or the mayor of the City of Portland.
(2) Federal Act or federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act means the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (29 U.S.C. 3101 et seq.).
(3) Local workforce development area means the City of Portland or a county when the city or county has been designated as a local workforce development area under ORS 660.324 (Duties of state board). Local workforce development area may include two or more counties that have joined together to form a local workforce development area and that have been designated as a local workforce development area under ORS 660.324 (Duties of state board).
(4) Local workforce development board means a board established pursuant to section 3122 of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
(5) Maritime sector includes but is not limited to:
(a) Enterprises engaged in the design, construction, manufacture, acquisition, operation, supply, repair or maintenance of marine vessels or component parts of marine vessels;
(b) Enterprises engaged in managing or operating shipping lines;
(c) Customs brokerage services, shipyards, shipping and freight forwarding services, dry docks, marine railways and marine repair shops;
(d) Enterprises engaged in commercial or recreational fishing;
(e) Enterprises and academic institutions engaged in scientific research of ocean processes, marine life or other ocean resources; and
(f) Enterprises engaged in marine tours or travel, water sports or other marine leisure activities.
(6) Office means the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development.
(7) Participant means a person receiving services under the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (29 U.S.C. 3101 et seq.).
(8) Participant records means records relating to matters such as grades, conduct, personal and academic evaluations, results of psychometric testing, counseling, disciplinary actions, if any, and other personal matters.
(9) State workforce agencies means state agencies that administer workforce programs.
(10) Workforce development means services designed to help individuals attain employment and progress along career pathways and to help businesses better achieve business goals by more easily finding skilled employees. Workforce development includes:
(a) Education, training and apprenticeship services;
(b) Labor market analysis;
(c) Employment and reemployment services;
(d) Employee recruitment and retention services; and
(e) Convening, coordinating, oversight and evaluation services for business and state workforce agencies.
(11) Workforce programs means programs that have a primary mission of helping individuals become employed, retain employment, increase wages and progress along career pathways and that are responsible for outcomes related to the primary mission. [Formerly 285A.443; 2014 c.49 §2; 2015 c.366 §57; 2017 c.185 §23; 2017 c.297 §1; 2017 c.738 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information