Policy on cooperation with law enforcement officials
- • duty to report person subject to warrant for arrest
(1) In order to protect the safety of the citizens of this state, it is the policy of this state that all public employers and their employees cooperate with law enforcement officials in the apprehension of persons subject to a felony or misdemeanor warrant for arrest.
(2) Notwithstanding any other law, when an employee reasonably believes that a person receiving services, benefits or assistance from the state or any agency or political subdivision in the state is subject to a felony or misdemeanor warrant for arrest issued by this state, any other state, the federal government, or any territory, commonwealth or governmental instrumentality of the United States, the employee shall promptly and without delay report to the employee’s immediate supervisor or a person designated by the agency by rule to receive such report.
(3) The supervisor or person designated by the agency shall notify the Oregon State Police promptly and without delay of the information supplied by the employee.
(4) The notification required by subsections (2) and (3) of this section shall include disclosure of the name and address of the person, available information concerning the felony or misdemeanor warrant for arrest and other available identifying information.
(5) Information disclosed under this section shall only be used by law enforcement officials to verify the existence of a felony or misdemeanor warrant for arrest of the person and to apprehend the person if a felony or misdemeanor warrant for arrest exists. [Formerly 659.525]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.