Definitions for ORS 659A.200 to 659A.224
As used in ORS 659A.200 (Definitions for ORS 659A.200 to 659A.224) to 659A.224 (Short title):
(1) “Disciplinary action” includes but is not limited to any discrimination, dismissal, demotion, transfer, reassignment, supervisory reprimand, warning of possible dismissal or withholding of work, whether or not the action affects or will affect employee compensation.
(2) “Employee” means a person:
(a) Employed by or under contract with the state or any agency of or political subdivision in the state;
(b) Employed by or under contract with any person authorized to act on behalf of the state, or agency of the state or subdivision in the state, with respect to control, management or supervision of any employee;
(c) Employed by the public corporation created under ORS 656.751 (State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation created);
(d) Employed by a contractor who performs services for the state, agency or subdivision, other than employees of a contractor under contract to construct a public improvement;
(e) Employed by or under contract with any person authorized by contract to act on behalf of the state, agency or subdivision;
(f) Employed by a nonprofit organization; or
(g) Serving as a member of a board of directors of a nonprofit organization who is not otherwise considered an employee.
(3) “Information” includes public and private records, documents and electronically stored data.
(4) “Knowledge” means actual knowledge.
(5) “Nonprofit organization” or “nonprofit” means an organization or group of organizations that:
(a) Receives public funds by way of grant or contract; and
(b) Is exempt from income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(6) “Public employer” means:
(a) The state or any agency of or political subdivision in the state;
(b) Any person authorized to act on behalf of the state, or any agency of or political subdivision in the state, with respect to control, management or supervision of any employee; or
(c) An employer who employs an employee described in subsection (2)(a) to (e) of this section. [Formerly 659.505; 2014 c.78 §2; 2015 c.3 §49; 2016 c.73 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information