Definitions for ORS 659A.190 to 659A.198
As used in ORS 659A.190 (Definitions for ORS 659A.190 to 659A.198) to 659A.198 (Use of paid leave):
(1) "Covered employer" means an employer who employs six or more persons in the State of Oregon for each working day during each of 20 or more calendar workweeks in the year in which an eligible employee takes leave to attend a criminal proceeding or in the year immediately preceding the year in which an eligible employee takes leave to attend a criminal proceeding.
(2) "Crime victim" means a person who has suffered financial, social, psychological or physical harm as a result of a person felony, as defined in the rules of the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission, and includes a member of the immediate family of the person.
(3) "Criminal proceeding" has the meaning given that term in ORS 131.005 (General definitions) and includes a juvenile proceeding under ORS chapter 419C or any other proceeding at which a crime victim has a right to be present.
(4) "Eligible employee" means an employee who:
(a) Worked an average of more than 25 hours per week for a covered employer for at least 180 days immediately before the date the employee takes leave to attend a criminal proceeding; and
(b) Is a crime victim.
(5) "Immediate family" means spouse, domestic partner, father, mother, sibling, child, stepchild and grandparent. [2003 c.603 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.