Definitions for ORS 659.780 and 659.785
As used in this section and ORS 659.785 (Employer prohibited from taking action):
(1) “Constituent group” includes, but is not limited to, civic associations, community groups, social clubs and mutual benefit alliances, including labor organizations.
(2) “Employee” means an individual engaged in service to an employer in a business of the employer.
(3) “Employer” includes:
(a) A person engaged in business that has employees; and
(b) A public body, as defined in ORS 174.109 (“Public body” defined).
(4) “Labor organization” means an organization that exists for the purpose, in whole or in part, of collective bargaining, of dealing with employers concerning grievances, terms or conditions of employment or of other mutual aid or protection in connection with employment.
(5) “Political matters” includes activity related to political party affiliation, campaigns for measures, as defined in ORS 260.005 (Definitions), or candidates for political office and the decision to join, not join, support or not support any lawful political or constituent group.
(6) “Religious matters” includes activity related to religious affiliation or the decision to join, not join, support or not support a bona fide religious organization. [2009 c.658 §1; 2009 c.890 §1]
Note: 659.780 (Definitions for ORS 659.780 and 659.785) and 659.785 (Employer prohibited from taking action) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 659 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.