Camp operator registration
- • procedures
- • rules
(1) Every farmworker camp operator shall register with the Department of Consumer and Business Services each farmworker camp operated by the operator.
(2) The department shall establish, by rule, procedures for annual registration of farmworker camps. The department may adopt any other rule necessary to implement the provisions of ORS 658.705 (Definitions for ORS 658.705 to 658.850) to 658.850 (Civil penalties).
(3) Upon receipt of an initial application for registration, the department shall conduct a preoccupancy consultation with the operator of the farmworker camp if:
(a) The camp was not registered with the department prior to January 1, 1989, and has not been registered with the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries or the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services in a prior year; or
(b) The camp operator requests a consultation.
(4) If the department has determined that the health and safety conditions existing at the camp are not in conformance with the rules of the department, the department shall not register the camp until the department determines that the camp has been brought into compliance.
(5) Upon registration of a camp, the department shall transmit a copy of the registration to the Bureau of Labor and Industries.
(6) The department shall compile periodically a list of all registered camps and make the list available to the bureau and other interested persons. [1989 c.962 §6; 1991 c.67 §168; 1995 c.500 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information