Definitions for ORS 658.705 to 658.850
(1) “Applicant” means an individual who proposes to operate a farmworker camp and who is applying for a camp operator indorsement under ORS 658.730 (Farm labor contractor indorsement to operate farmworker camp).
(2) “Bureau” means the Bureau of Labor and Industries.
(3) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(5) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(6) “Farm labor contractor” has the same meaning as that provided in ORS 658.405 (Definitions for ORS 658.405 to 658.503).
(7) “Farmworker camp” means any place or area of land where sleeping places, manufactured structures or other housing is provided by a farmer, farm labor contractor, employer or any other person in connection with the recruitment or employment of workers to work in the production and harvesting of farm crops or in the reforestation of lands, as described in ORS 658.405 (Definitions for ORS 658.405 to 658.503). “Farmworker camp” does not include:
(a) A single, isolated dwelling occupied solely by members of the same family, or by five or fewer unrelated individuals; or
(b) A hotel or motel which provides housing with the same characteristics on a commercial basis to the general public on the same terms and conditions as housing is provided to such workers.
(8) “Farmworker camp operator” means any person who operates a farmworker camp.
(9) “Indorsee” means a farm labor contractor licensed under ORS 658.410 (Labor contractor license requirement) who has obtained a camp indorsement under ORS 658.730 (Farm labor contractor indorsement to operate farmworker camp). [1989 c.962 §2; 1993 c.18 §143; 1993 c.744 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.