ORS 658.503¹
Service of process when labor contractor unavailable

In any action arising out of the activities of an unlicensed labor contractor within this state who is not in the state or is otherwise unavailable for service of process in this state, the unlicensed labor contractor may be served by mailing a certified true copy of the summons and complaint to:

(1) The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries;

(2) The last-known address, if any, of the unlicensed labor contractor; and

(3) Any other address the use of which the plaintiff knows or, on the basis of reasonable inquiry, has reason to believe is most likely to result in actual notice. [1989 c.164 §12; 2013 c.584 §25]

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 658—Employment Agencies; Farm Labor Contractors and Construction Labor Contractors; Farmworker Camps, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ors658.­html (2019) (last ac­cessed May 16, 2020).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information