Agreements with governmental agencies to withhold benefits for child support obligations
- • rules
(1) As used in this section, appropriate agency means an agency authorized to enforce child support obligations pursuant to a plan approved under part D of title IV of the Social Security Act.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 657.855 (Benefits not assignable), the Director of the Employment Department may enter into agreements with the appropriate agency of this state whereby child support obligations which are being enforced pursuant to a plan approved under section 454 of the Social Security Act and owed by an individual who is eligible for unemployment compensation may be met, in whole or in part, by withholding from the unemployment compensation due the individual the amount specified by the individual to the appropriate agency to be withheld or the amount determined pursuant to an agreement with the individual submitted to the appropriate agency or any amount otherwise required to be withheld pursuant to ORS 25.378 (Payment of support by income withholding) and 25.414 (Standard amount to be withheld) and forwarding of the amount so withheld to the appropriate agency.
(3) Any amount deducted and withheld under subsection (2) of this section shall for all purposes be treated as if it were paid to the individual as unemployment compensation.
(4) This section shall apply only if appropriate arrangements have been made for reimbursement, by the appropriate agency or agencies involved, for the administrative costs incurred by the Employment Department under this section.
(5) The director shall prescribe such rules as are deemed necessary with respect to implementation and administration of procedures to comply with the provisions of this section. [1982 s.s.1 c.30 §9; 1991 c.115 §1; 1993 c.798 §49]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information