- • powers and duties generally
- • rules
The Director of the Employment Department may:
(1) For purposes of administration and control, and with the approval of the Governor, organize and reorganize the department in whatever manner the director considers appropriate to carry out the duties, functions and powers of the department.
(2) Appoint all subordinate officers and employees of the department, whether classified or unclassified, and prescribe their duties and compensation, subject to applicable provisions of the State Personnel Relations Law.
(3) Delegate to departmental officers and employees such responsibility and authority as the director determines necessary.
(4)(a) Determine all questions of general policy for this chapter;
(b) Adopt rules for this chapter; and
(c) Administer and enforce this chapter.
(5) Sue and be sued in the name of the director, and shall have a seal bearing the name of the Employment Department.
(6) Adopt proper rules to regulate the mode and manner of all investigations.
(7) Prescribe the time, place and manner of making claims for benefits under this chapter, the kind and character of notices required thereunder and the procedure for investigating and deciding claims.
(8) Enter into contracts relating to the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act deemed necessary by the director to fulfill the mission of the department. The director may enter into contracts with other states or governments, public bodies or persons to provide or receive services. Contracts entered into by the director shall be executed in the name of the state, by and through the Employment Department. [Amended by 1959 c.583 §23; 1969 c.597 §180; 1983 c.522 §7; 1993 c.344 §6; 1999 c.849 §§137,138; 2001 c.684 §§32,33; 2003 c.75 §52; 2003 c.199 §§1,2; 2015 c.27 §58; 2017 c.185 §17; 2017 c.297 §38]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information