Definitions for ORS 657.370 to 657.390
As used in ORS 657.370 (Definitions for ORS 657.370 to 657.390) to 657.390 (Employer charged for benefits in same manner as for regular or extended benefits), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Affected employee” means an individual who was continuously employed as a member of the affected group, by the shared work employer, for six months on a full-time basis or for one year on a part-time basis, but not on a seasonal, temporary or intermittent basis, immediately preceding the submission by the employer of the shared work plan.
(2) “Affected group” means three or more employees designated by the employer to participate in a shared work plan.
(3) “Approved shared work plan” or “approved plan” means an employer’s shared work plan that meets the requirements of ORS 657.375 (Plan applications).
(4) “Normal weekly hours of work” means the number of hours in a week that the employee normally would work for the shared work employer or 40 hours, whichever is less.
(5) “Shared work employer” means an employer with a shared work plan in effect.
(6) “Shared work plan” or “plan” means an employer’s voluntary, written plan for reducing unemployment, under which a specified group of employees shares the work remaining after their normal weekly hours of work are reduced. [1982 s.s.1 c.2 §8; 2007 c.71 §212; 2013 c.704 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.