Filing claims for benefits
- • employer to post statements concerning claim regulations
- • rules
(1) Claims for benefits shall be filed in accordance with such regulations as the Director of the Employment Department may prescribe.
(2) Each employer shall post and maintain printed statements concerning such regulations or such other matters as the director may by regulation prescribe in places readily accessible to individuals in the employers service and shall make available to each such individual copies of printed statements or materials relating to claims for benefits as the director may by regulation prescribe. The printed statement shall include notice to the workers in plain language of the potential disqualification from receipt of benefits for voluntarily leaving work or being discharged. Such printed statements shall be supplied by the director to each employer without cost to the employer.
(3) The director shall make available to claimants, a printed statement that it is an unlawful employment practice for an employer to discharge, demote, suspend or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against an employee with regard to promotion, compensation or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment for the reason that the employee has testified at an unemployment compensation hearing or other hearing conducted pursuant to this chapter.
(4) Every person making a claim shall certify that the person has not, during the week with respect to which benefits are claimed, received or earned wages or compensation for any employment, whether subject to this chapter or not, otherwise than as specified in the claim. [Amended by 1973 c.300 §7; 1983 c.409 §2; 1985 c.404 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information