Temporary lockout benefits
(1) As used in this section, temporary lockout benefits means benefits payable as provided in this section to individuals who are unemployed due to a lockout as defined in ORS 662.205 (Definitions for ORS 662.205 to 662.225).
(2) An individual is eligible to receive temporary lockout benefits for a week in an amount equal to the weekly benefit amount of the individuals most recent unemployment benefit claim if:
(a) Prior to the week, the individual has received all of the regular benefits that were available to the individual under this chapter;
(b) The individual is not eligible for any other benefits, including benefits provided under any federal law extending benefits beyond those provided for as regular benefits; and
(c) At the time of filing an initial or additional claim, the individual is unemployed due to a lockout at the individuals place of employment.
(3) The maximum temporary lockout benefit amount an individual may receive under this section is 26 times the weekly benefit amount of the individuals most recent unemployment benefit claim.
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (2) and (3) of this section, temporary lockout benefits otherwise payable to an individual under this section may not be paid for weeks that begin after the week in which the lockout ends.
(5) An employer shall be charged for temporary lockout benefits in the manner provided in this chapter for charging employers for regular benefits. [2016 c.27 §2]
Note: Section 4, chapter 27, Oregon Laws 2016, provides:
Sec. 4. (1) If the United States Secretary of Labor serves notice that the provisions of section 2 of this 2016 Act [657.202 (Temporary lockout benefits)] fail to meet the requirements of the Social Security Act or the Federal Unemployment Tax Act, section 2 of this 2016 Act shall no longer be of any force or effect.
(2) The Director of the Employment Department shall notify the Legislative Counsel as soon as practicable after receipt of the notice described in subsection (1) of this section. [2016 c.27 §4]
Note: 657.202 (Temporary lockout benefits) was added to and made a part of ORS chapter 657 by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information