- • transportation of logs, poles and piling and lessor of for-hire carriers excluded
- • exceptions
(1) As used in this chapter, "employment" does not include:
(a) Transportation by motor vehicle of logs, poles and piling by any person who both furnishes and maintains the vehicle used in such transportation; or
(b) Transportation performed by motor vehicle for a for-hire carrier by any person that leases their equipment to a for-hire carrier and that personally operates, furnishes and maintains the equipment and provides service thereto.
(2) For the purposes of this chapter, services performed in the operation of a motor vehicle specified in subsection (1) of this section shall be deemed to be performed for the person furnishing and maintaining the motor vehicle.
(3) As used in this section "for-hire carrier" has the meaning given that term in ORS 825.005 (Definitions).
(4) The provisions of subsections (1) and (2) of this section do not apply to services performed for:
(a) A nonprofit employing unit;
(b) This state;
(c) A political subdivision of this state; or
(d) An Indian tribe. [1963 c.469 §2; 1987 c.891 §3; 1995 c.306 §39; 2001 c.572 §4; 2005 c.218 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.