State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation exempt from certain financial administration laws
- • contracts with state agencies for services
(1) Except as otherwise provided by law, the provisions of ORS 279.835 (Definitions for ORS 279.835 to 279.855) to 279.855 (Entities that may obtain goods and services through Oregon Department of Administrative Services) and 283.085 (Definitions for ORS 283.085 to 283.092) to 283.092 (Effect of financing agreement on tax status) and ORS chapters 240, 276, 279A, 279B, 279C, 282, 283, 291, 292 and 293 do not apply to the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation.
(2) In carrying out the duties, functions and powers imposed by law upon the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation, the board of directors or the manager of the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation may contract with any state agency for the performance of such duties, functions and powers as the corporation considers appropriate.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) or (2) of this section, ORS 293.240 (Writing off uncollectible debts due state agency) except for appeals pursuant to ORS 737.318 (Premium audit program for workers’ compensation insurance), ORS 293.260 (Collection of moneys and property due to state), 293.262 (Requiring information regarding accounts) and 293.505 (Secretary of State as Auditor of Public Accounts) (2) shall apply to the directors, manager, assistants and accounts of the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation and any subsidiary corporation formed or acquired by the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (1) or (2) of this section, ORS 243.305 (Policy of affirmative action and fair and equal employment opportunities and advancement), 279A.100 (Affirmative action) and 659A.012 (State agencies to carry out policy against discrimination in employment) apply to the directors, manager and employees of the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation. [1979 c.829 §4; 1981 c.876 §8; subsection (3) enacted as 1983 c.412 §2; subsection (4) enacted as 1983 c.808 §4; 1987 c.884 §5; 2003 c.794 §310; 2012 c.107 §67]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.