Allowable uses of sick time
An employee may use sick time earned under ORS 653.606 (Employee count):
(1) For an employee’s mental or physical illness, injury or health condition, need for medical diagnosis, care or treatment of a mental or physical illness, injury or health condition or need for preventive medical care.
(2) For care of a family member with a mental or physical illness, injury or health condition, care of a family member who needs medical diagnosis, care, or treatment of a mental or physical illness, injury or health condition or care of a family member who needs preventive medical care.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 659A.153 (Covered employers), for any other purpose specified in ORS 659A.159 (Purposes for which family leave may be taken).
(4) For a purpose specified in ORS 659A.272 (Employer required to provide leave), notwithstanding ORS 659A.270 (Definitions for ORS 659A.270 to 659A.285) (1).
(5) To donate accrued sick time to another employee if the other employee uses the donated sick time for a purpose specified in this section and the employer has a policy that allows an employee to donate sick time to a coworker for a purpose specified in this section.
(6) In the event of a public health emergency. For purposes of this subsection, a public health emergency includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Closure of the employee’s place of business, or the school or place of care of the employee’s child, by order of a public official due to a public health emergency;
(b) A determination by a lawful public health authority or by a health care provider that the presence of the employee or the family member of the employee in the community would jeopardize the health of others, such that the employee must provide self care or care for the family member; or
(c) The exclusion of the employee from the workplace under any law or rule that requires the employer to exclude the employee from the workplace for health reasons. [2015 c.537 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information