Definitions for ORS 653.010 to 653.261
(1) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries.
(2) "Employ" includes to suffer or permit to work but does not include voluntary or donated services performed for no compensation or without expectation or contemplation of compensation as the adequate consideration for the services performed for a public employer referred to in subsection (3) of this section, or a religious, charitable, educational, public service or similar nonprofit corporation, organization or institution for community service, religious or humanitarian reasons or for services performed by general or public assistance recipients as part of any work training program administered under the state or federal assistance laws.
(3) "Employer" means any person who employs another person including the State of Oregon or a political subdivision thereof or any county, city, district, authority, public corporation or entity and any of their instrumentalities organized and existing under law or charter.
(4) "Minor" means any person under 18 years of age.
(5) "Occupation" means any occupation, service, trade, business, industry, or branch or group of industries or employment or class of employment in which employees are gainfully employed.
(6) "Organized camp" means a day or resident camp, whether or not operated for profit, established to give campers recreational, creative, religious or educational experience in cooperative group living wherein the activities are conducted on a closely supervised basis, whether or not the camp is used primarily by an organized group or by members of the public and whether or not the activities or facilities are furnished free of charge or for the payment of a fee.
(7) "Outside salesperson" means any employee who is employed for the purpose of and who is customarily and regularly engaged away from the employer’s place or places of business in making sales, or obtaining orders, or obtaining contracts for services and whose hours of work of any other nature for the employer do not exceed 30 percent of the hours worked in the workweek by the nonexempt employees of the employer.
(8) "Piece-rate" means a rate of pay calculated on the basis of the quantity of the crop harvested.
(9) "Salary" means no less than the wage set pursuant to ORS 653.025 (Minimum wage rate), multiplied by 2,080 hours per year, then divided by 12 months.
(10) "Wages" means compensation due to an employee by reason of employment, payable in legal tender of the United States or check on banks convertible into cash on demand at full face value, subject to such deductions, charges or allowances as are permitted in ORS 653.035 (Deducting value of lodging, meals and other benefits furnished by employer).
(11) "Work time" includes both time worked and time of authorized attendance. [1967 c.596 §2; 1979 c.153 §2; 1983 c.274 §1; 1985 c.99 §1; 1985 c.170 §1; 1989 c.446 §1; 1991 c.829 §2; 1993 c.739 §24; 2003 c.14 §398]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.