(1) A foreign corporation may apply to the Secretary of State to register the foreign corporations corporate name.
(2) The application must set forth the corporate name, the state or country of incorporation, the date of incorporation, a brief description of the nature of the activities in which the foreign corporation is engaged and a statement that the foreign corporation is not carrying on or doing business in this state. The application must be accompanied by a certificate of existence or a document of similar import current within 60 days of delivery, duly authenticated by the official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law the foreign corporation is incorporated.
(3) If the Secretary of State finds that the name conforms to ORS 65.094 (Corporate name), the Secretary of State shall register the name effective for one year.
(4) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may renew the name for successive years by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a renewal application that complies with the requirements of this section before the lapse of the previous registration. Filing of the renewal application renews the registration for an additional year from the date on which the registration previously expired.
(5) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may thereafter qualify to do business in this state as a foreign corporation under that name or transfer the registered name to another applicant for the name by the procedures provided in ORS 65.097 (Reserved name) (3) with respect to reserved names. Filing of such a consent terminates the prior registration and operates as a reservation in the name of the transferee, if the transferee does not simultaneously file under that name. [1989 c.1010 §34; 2019 c.174 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information