Reactivation of assumed business name
- • application
- • notification of denial
- • appeal
(1) A registrant, within five years after the date on which the Secretary of State administratively canceled an assumed business name under ORS 648.017 (Renewal of registration), may apply to the Secretary of State to reactivate the assumed business name. The application must comply with the requirements set forth in ORS 648.010 (Registration of assumed business name).
(2) The application must:
(a) State the assumed business name and the date on which the Secretary of State administratively canceled the registration for the assumed business name; and
(b) State that the grounds for the cancellation do not exist or have been eliminated.
(3) The registrant or an authorized representative of the registrant shall sign and deliver the application described in subsection (1) of this section to the office of the Secretary of State for filing.
(4) If the Secretary of State determines that the application described in subsection (1) of this section contains the information required under subsection (2) of this section, that the information is correct, that the application otherwise complies with the requirements of ORS 648.010 (Registration of assumed business name) and that the registrant has paid all fees and charges due since the date of cancellation, the Secretary of State shall reactivate the assumed business name. The reactivation is effective when the Secretary of State files the application.
(5) If the Secretary of State denies a registrant’s application for reactivation under this section, the Secretary of State shall notify the registrant in writing and explain the reason for the denial.
(6) A registrant may appeal the Secretary of State’s decision to deny an application the registrant submitted under this section. The registrant’s appeal is subject to the provisions of ORS chapter 183. [2011 c.147 §31]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information