Renewal of registration
- • fee
- • contents of application
- • rules
- • effect of failure to renew
- • notice
(1) A registrant must apply to renew a registration of an assumed business name within 30 days before the second anniversary of the date that the Secretary of State registered the assumed business name and each second anniversary thereafter. The registrant must apply to the Office of the Secretary of State for renewal of the registration and submit with the renewal a renewal fee. The application for renewal must include all identifying information required by rule of the Secretary of State. Failure to apply for renewal and pay the required fee is grounds for administrative cancellation of the registration.
(2) Not less than 30 days before the application for renewal is due, the Secretary of State shall notify each authorized representative of the requirement to apply for renewal. The notice shall indicate the date by which the renewal application must be submitted, and shall include the renewal application. The notice shall state that if the registrant fails to submit the renewal application and renewal fee on or before the renewal deadline, the registration of the assumed business name will be canceled without further notice.
(3) If the Secretary of State finds that the application for renewal conforms to the requirements of this section, and all fees have been paid, the Secretary of State shall renew the registration. [1969 c.154 §6; 1977 c.78 §6; 1981 c.633 §75; 1985 c.728 §98; 1987 c.94 §161]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information